Card Overdraft Services
What is an overdraft?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as credit line checking or a checking to checking transfer to cover such overdrafts, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We DO authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions, unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do NOT authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Steuben Trust Company pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $38.50 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a 5 per day limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Steuben Trust Company to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
You must authorize Steuben Trust Company to pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions by opting-in to overdraft protection.
To authorize Steuben Trust Company to pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions:
- Contact us at (607) 324-9677 OR
- Complete this form and mail to:
- Steuben Trust Company
- One Steuben Square
- Hornell, NY 14843